Before I even start, there will be many of you voting against the title, that there can be no lasting way to happiness as life is ironic, beyond anyone’s full control or planning. Agreed. But don’t you think that there are many, many long-term ways to a life of bliss and contentment, even though life pops in hardships here and there in every day of our lives? *Nods head in agreement*
So today, here I am , not with a poem in store, but with a message to you people about a way of life that promises contentment, fulfillment, happiness, accomplishments and above all self-satisfaction because you can fool people but if you fool yourself, you are bound to hit a dead end. So what has brought me to talk about all this today? It is simply the fact that this post might be about something you all have heard multiple times but it has been proved thousands of times by your fellow human beings. So let’s steer ahead:
- Living a life of purpose: How many of us wake up every day and do the same things we have been doing for the last couple of months or perhaps even years? If your answer on your part is yes, then you are doing something wrong. If we become people of habit, life will lose its enchantment, not that I am saying that keeping good habits is wrong, but that do something every day that brings you closer to your purpose in life , be it becoming an author, completing college, painting a masterpiece, travelling around the world or whatever pulls at the strings of your heart. Life without a purpose is a one way ticket to oblivion. So look for a purpose, it is lying out there, go out and find it, live for it and make your life meaningful.
- Developing a healthy mindset: You might think that this is more of the long-winded stuff about being positive, but it has survived till now just because it works. If you tell yourself that you are worthless, just another human being on this already overflowing earth, then you are planning for failure . Your mind believes what you force it to believe, fill it with positive thoughts and it is a great servant, if not then it will be a terrible master. Take hold of your thoughts, be positive, because the only person who can bring you down is YOU and I believe that you wouldn’t want to do that.
- A Healthy Body: What can a healthy mind do without a healthy body? I might sound ancient but this is the only body you will ever have, carve it into something agile and able. Nourish yourself with healthy and natural food, move away from processed food, hydrate (water is your best friend) and exercise, not that you need to go to the gym. Walk around every day, try simple but effective things like yoga, dance, cycling or if you feel inclined then hiking. Just move your body, don’t be a couch potato, your body will thank you in the end. Having a healthy body automatically improves your confidence and self-belief. ( I give you my guarantee)
- Doing what you love : You will never succeed at something you don’t even want to do and by finding something that you feel makes you happy, you will find your higher self. What is the point of living, if you only listen to the opinions of others and drown the voice of your heart? What is the point of life if you don’t enjoy anything that you are doing? Everyone is talented , you just have to find that arena in which you truly belong.
- Losing yourself: Lose yourself in the service of others, love everyone ( it is hard, not impossible) , devote 30 minutes every day to talk to an aged person , get to know the people around you and try to forgive and forget , I know you have that power. And as Dr. Sir Mohammad Iqbal has said:
‘ Darde dil ke wastee peda kiya insaan ko, warna itaat keliye kuch kam na they karobean’
Meaning: The Almighty created humans to help each other, to assist and aid one another, he didn’t need your worship , the heavenly creation was always enough.
I hope that this post was of some help to you. Good luck and happy living! 🙂